We are seeking a full-time Senior Accountant - Accounting Tax Services with a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in public accounting to perform most work assigned with a minimum of assistance. Candidates should be able to lead staff accountants, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, which includes workpaper documentation and financial statement preparation, and direct necessary revisions. Must be able to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and matters and have a solid understanding of tax regulations. When such problems arise, must be able to outline the problem for the supervisor, manager, or partner and then act on advice. Candidates should be able to set up time budgets on jobs previously handled and lead staff accountants to employ methods that will accomplish objectives timely. Must display professional conduct, showing confidence and ease in the presence of staff and client representatives.
- Performs diversified accounting, and tax assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager, and partner.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards. Will take ownership of projects and tasks.
- Meets time constraints, client deadlines and tax compliance deadlines.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Directs and instructs staff, where applicable, in work to be performed and workpaper review.
- Prepares workpapers and performs various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) or other comprehensive basis of accounting (OCBOA) to verify accuracy and validity of client’s financial matters.
- Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers, or partners is kept to a minimum.
- Prepares other reports, projects, and duties as may be assigned.
- Possesses technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants.
- Command of GAAP, other comprehensive bases of accounting, unique or specialized accounting principles, and financial statement presentations.
- Assumes responsibility for efficiently supervising both client engagements.
- Effectively communicates with client to receive information necessary to complete the engagement with a minimum of disruption to client.
- Possesses knowledge in preparing payroll, payroll taxes and sales tax returns including basic reporting requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or master’s degree in accounting.
- At least 3-4 years of experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of accounting tasks and tax knowledge.
- Either holds a current and valid certified public accountant’s license, or is working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- Proficiency and experience using QuickBooks, CCH tax and accounting products, Creative Solutions Fixed Assets.