Robin L. Baum
CPA - Managing Partner
Robin L. Baum is the Managing Partner of Zinner & Co. She has more than 28 years of experience in public accounting and joined the firm in July 1990, after working with another local accounting firm for 10 years.
On January 1, 2003, Robin became the firm’s third Managing Partner and the first female in this role in the firm’s history. Based upon statistics published in 2012, Robin remains one of the only female Managing Partners in the top twenty-five largest accounting firms in the Northeastern Ohio market.
Robin serves a variety of clients, including multi-generational companies and family owned businesses, among others. She has extensive knowledge of the various aspects of financial reporting, income and estate tax planning, and preparation. She has been involved in financial analysis for start-up businesses and advises on issues regarding business profitability and succession planning.
Robin has experience in many different industries including healthcare, manufacturing and distribution, real estate, and extensive work with professional service providers and their business entities. She also works closely with high net worth individuals and their family members to advise, plan, and manage their estate.
Robin is a versatile public speaker, presenting widely on topics related to business consulting, succession planning, individual income tax, and trust and estate tax issues.
A native Clevelander, Robin received her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Accounting from John Carroll University.
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- The International Accounting Group
John Carroll University - 2012 Alumni Medal
The highest honor awarded annually by the Alumni Association of her alma mater and representing the class of 1987. Robin was one of four alumni recognized for accomplishments in their profession, exemplary family and personal lives, contributions to their community, and dedication to John Carroll University.
Civic & Non-Profit organizations
- University Hospitals Health System - Member, Board of Trustees
- Rainbow Babies and Children’s Foundation - Immediate Past President
- The Cleveland International Piano Competition - Board of Directors
- Piano Cleveland - Treasurer, Board of Trustees
- University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center - Board of Directors, Past Board Member
- John Carroll University - Boler School of Business, Dean’s Advisory Circle, President's Council
- Jesuit Retreat House - Board of Directors, Past Board Member
- Crain’s Cleveland Business as one of the “Top 40 Under 40” in 2003
- Smart Business’s Perspectives ’12 Women Who Excel series - panelist