Susan D. Krantz, CPA, CGMA - Partner
Susan D. Krantz specializes in accounting and auditing services with an emphasis on audits of not-for-profit organizations.
Following work with a Big 4 firm, Susan joined Zinner & Co. in 1990 and became a partner in 1999. She has over 30 years of experience in accounting and auditing. Susan serves a diverse client base, which includes clients in manufacturing, distribution, service, HUD-assisted multi-family housing projects, labor unions and not-for-profit organizations, among others. In addition, she performs audits of employee benefit plans.
Susan is highly knowledgeable about the changing rules, regulations, and standards affecting not-for-profit organizations. She is sensitive to her clients’ needs for maintaining and enhancing management effectiveness, financial viability, dealing with stringent government regulations, meeting budget constraints, and accomplishing their mission. Her experience with not-for-profit organizations includes arts organizations, civic organizations, community development organizations, organizations for the mentally and physically challenged, private and community foundations, private secondary schools, religious organizations, social clubs and voluntary health and welfare organizations. She has extensive experience supervising audits performed under Government Auditing Standards, including compliance for Uniform Guidance.
Susan is responsible for the technical review of all client financial statements to monitor their compliance and is also in charge of the firm’s quality control procedures and peer review. Additionally, she serves as the firm’s Human Resources partner.
Susan graduated Summa Cum Laude from The Ohio State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, accounting. She was a member of Beta Alpha Psi, Beta Gamma Sigma, as well as various other honor societies.
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Nonprofit CPAs
Civic and Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- Not-for-profit Leadership Symposium - Advisory Committee Member
- Conference Advisory Committee
- Past Chair of the Not-for-Profit Committee - Cleveland Chapter
- United Way Services of Greater Cleveland - Basic Needs Impact Team - Chairperson
- Jewish Federation of Cleveland - Audit Committee and Allocations Committee
- Nonprofit CPAs - Immediate Past President
- The Epilepsy Association - Board of Trustees and past Treasurer
- The Cleveland Rape Crisis Center - Board of Trustees and Treasurer
- The Cleveland Jewish Publication Company - Board of Trustees and Assistant Treasurer
- Bellefaire JCB - Board of Trustees
- Temple Emanu El - Board of Trustees and Treasurer