At Zinner & Co. we place tremendous value on education and professional growth.We constantly strive to learn new things and actively engage in self-improvement. One very valuable way to do this is through reading.
The following is a list of books that we’ve read recently. Although many of these books weren't written or published last year, all are worth checking out:
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating like Your Life Depends on It by Chris Voss – A former FBI Chief Hostage Negotiations shares some of his best negotiating techniques.
- Principles by Ray Dalio – Investor and entrepreneur Ray shares his story and his how-to guide to building a successful business.
- The Journey Ahead by Sandra Wiley – Developed primarily for accounting firms, this book has good applicability to all professional services-based firms.
- Lost and Founder: A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World by Rand Fishkin – Rand, the founder and CEO at Moz, shares an unvarnished look at the world of technology startups.
- Master Your Emotions: A Practical Guide to Overcome Negativity and Better Manage Your Feelings by Thibaut Meurisse - Thibaut shares practical advice to overcome feelings of negativity and stress.
- True Professionalism: The Courage to Care about Your People, Your Clients, and Your Career by David Maister – Published near two decades ago, this book offers valuable insights to owners, managers and employees of professional services firms. And while this is the primary target for the book, valuable insights can be gained by anyone who provides services to internal and external customers.
- Drive: The Surprising Truth about What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink – Pink dispels a lot of myths about what really motivates us and how to manage and inspire people to get the most from them.
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth – Duckworth provides a motivating take on reaching your goals and achieving success.
Do you have any you’d like to add to our list? We’d love to hear from you! Drop us an email or hit us up on social media.