Everyone involved in leading or managing a nonprofit organization – whether as a board member or as a staff member – needs to comprehend the story behind the numbers.
In fact, providing appropriate oversight of the organization’s finances and being a responsible fiscal steward is a primary fiduciary duty of all trustees.
This important program will not only help non-accountants learn to make sense of financial statements but will also help those in the accounting field understand how nonprofit accounting is different.
"Reading and Understanding Nonprofit Financial Statements"
is designed to help all nonprofit leaders and managers:
• Understand basic financial terminology
• Read key documents reflecting the organization’s financial position, activities, cash flows, and functional expenses
• Be capable of judging their soundness
• Recognize warning signs that reflect the health of the organization
• Protect the organization against financial problems and potential fraud
• Ask the right questions
Partner Sue Krantz, CPA, CGMA, will present this session.
Reserve your space today. Registration is open and seating is limited.
Click here to register today!
Networking and continental breakfast begin at 8:00 a.m.
(includes continental breakfast)
Lakeland Community College
Holden University Center
7700 Clocktower Drive
Kirtland, OH 44094
(immediately across the street
from Lakeland's main campus)