The State of Ohio Department of Job and Family Services recently announced a new unemployment insurance tax system will go live in December.
The State of Ohio Unemployment Resource for Claimants and Employers, otherwise known as the SOURCE, will provide users with a friendly, self-service experience, tailored to meet the needs of both claimants and employers.
Unlike the current ERIC system employers now use, SOURCE will allow for companies to manage all their unemployment tax, benefits and appeals information in one convenient location. It will also provide:
- Multiple reporting and payment options
- Online tutorials
- User friendly navigation
- Easier way to request information and upload documents
- Electronic notifications
ODJFS recommends employees and agents prepare for the transition from ERIC to SOURCE by:
- Ensure the ODJFS has your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Ensure the following at eric.ohio.gov
- Confirm your login credentials
- Provide up-to-date demographic information, including email address
- Make sure your agent/employer authorizations are updated
- Email TheSOURCE@jfs.ohio.gov to receive notifications regarding upcoming virtual information sessions
Online resources are also available to help prepare for the transition to SOURCE
- Visit jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/thesource
- Log into The SOURCE: unemployment.ohio.gov
- Read JFS 20233, “Employer’s Guide to Wage Report and Payment File Specifications”
Please note the various process changes that will take place with the switch:
- Reimbursable employers will be billed quarterly instead of monthly
- Beginning in 2023, credits will no longer be included in an employer’s rate balance
- QWRT and IVR quarterly reporting methods will no longer be accepted
For questions, visit jfs.ohio.gov/TheSOURCE or call 614-466-2319.