Zinner & Co. Blog and Newsroom

5 Key Metrics You Should be Monitoring in Your Professional Services Business

Posted by Zinner & Co. on Jun 11, 2019 9:35:00 AM

Running a professional services firm requires a steady hand a keen eye. You have to be able to implement changes on the ground in real-time.

Read More

Topics: Business - Management, Issues & Concerns, Productivity

5 Key Reasons Why You Should Take Vacation Time (and Your Employees Should Too)

Posted by Zinner & Co. on Jun 6, 2019 10:39:00 AM

One of the hardest things about running a small business or not-for-profit is the fact that you’re never really off. Evenings, weekends, nights, and holidays – you’re always either at work, thinking about, or creating plans to improve it.

Read More

Topics: Operations, SMB

IRS Set to Issue New Guidance on Treatment of Cryptocurrencies

Posted by Zinner & Co. Tax Team on Jun 5, 2019 7:27:00 AM

IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig has announced the IRS will be issuing additional guidance on the taxation of cryptocurrencies, also referred to as virtual currencies.

Read More

Topics: cryptocurrency, block chain, Bitcoin

5 Reasons Why We Hire Interns

Posted by Zinner & Co. on Jun 4, 2019 5:09:00 AM

Each year, Zinner & Co. hires interns to work during tax season alongside seasoned professionals to deliver accurate tax returns and provide insightful advice. Zinner & Co. invests a significant amount of time and resources recruiting, training, and mentoring the college interns…and it’s completely worth it! Here are a few really important reasons why we do it:

Read More

Topics: Firm news, accounting

IRS Issues Inflation-Adjusted Limits for HSA Deductions for 2020

Posted by Zinner & Co. on May 30, 2019 10:46:00 AM

Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) are a type of medical savings account that allows eligible individuals to make deductible contributions and withdraw tax-free disbursements for the payment of eligible medical expenses. Each year the IRS evaluates the limitation amounts on HSA deductions based for inflation.

Read More

Topics: HSA, IRS, health care

10 Email Marketing Tips for your Non-Profit or Small Business

Posted by Frank Geric on May 30, 2019 7:33:00 AM

Approximately 125 billion business-to-business emails are sent every day. Roughly 111 billion personal emails are sent each day. If you want your marketing emails to rise to the top in a sea full of 236 billion daily emails, you need to stand out.

Read More

Topics: non-profits, not-for-profit, fundraising, SMB

The Pros and Cons of Selling to Employee(s)

Posted by Zinner & Co. on May 28, 2019 6:44:00 AM

If you’re planning on selling your business, one potential market is your current employees. They understand the business and how it runs. They have some sense of the value, or potential value of the business. But before you offer to sell to your employees, you should know the pros and cons of taking that route.

Read More

Topics: transaction advisory, Business - Management, Issues & Concerns, SMB

10 Tips to Improve Your Small Business or Not-for-Profit Website

Posted by Frank Geric on May 23, 2019 6:49:00 AM

Your organization’s website can be one of your greatest assets or a HUGE liability. It’s largely a factor of how much effort you put into building and maintaining it.

Your website should be like a round-the-clock salesperson or fundraiser, but only if you follow best practices and put time and attention into developing and maintaining it.

Read More

Topics: non-profits, not-for-profit, fundraising, SMB

Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Proposes $1.5B Rebate for Ohio Employers

Posted by Zinner & Co. Tax Team on May 21, 2019 12:18:38 PM

The Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) has announced a proposal to provide Ohio employers with a $1.5B rebate.  This rebate comes as the result of stronger than expected returns on investments.

Read More

Topics: Bureau of Worker's Compensation, Ohio business owners, Taxes - Corporate & Business

The 10 Biggest Mistakes to Avoid in Estate Planning

Posted by Zinner & Co. on May 21, 2019 7:29:00 AM


If you’re like most, you want to be able to leave something to your progeny when you die. Leaving a legacy for our children is just part of the American dream of wanting them to “have it better” than we did. But many well-intended parents have had their wishes left unfulfilled because of simple errors in estate planning.

Read More

Topics: real estate, Retirement Planning & IRAs, Estates, Gifts & Trusts, Insurance


Latest Posts

Learn why Zinner & Co. loves Cleveland

Subscribe to Our Blog